SUGGESTED READING LIST
This list is not intended to be exhaustive but will provide a good grounding in the main subject areas.
1. Malting and Brewing Science: D.E. Briggs, J.S. Hough, R. Stevens , T.W. Young - Volume 1- Malt and Sweet Wort: Malt and Sweet Wort (2nd edn. 1981)
2. Malting and Brewing Science: D.E. Briggs, J.S. Hough, R. Stevens , T.W. Young - Volume 2- Hopped Wort and Beer (2nd edn. 1982)
3. The Biotechnology of Malting and Brewing (Cambridge Studies in Biotechnology), J.S. Hough (1991)
4. Scientific principles of malting and brewing: C.W. Bamforth (2006) American Society of Brewing Chemists
5. Brewing – New Technologies: C.W. Bamforth (ed), 2006, Woodhead Publishing
6. Malts and Malting: D.E. Briggs (1998), Blackie Academic Publishing
9. Food Safety and Hygiene
10. Brewing Science and Technology (Series 2, volume 4)-Engineering (including distillation). IOB publication
11. Cereal Science and Technology. Edited by G H Palmer. ISBN 0-08-035064-X, Aberdeen University Press.
12. Malting Technology. European Brewery Convention Manual of Good Practice. ISBN 3-418-00753-8
13. Pauls Malt Brewing Room Book 2001-2003. Available to MD candidates on request from the MAGB.